Tuesday 24 February 2009

Where has all the time gone??? Happy 21st Becky


Where have the past twenty years gone?????

Well there is a questions in itself but last week it was my best friend's niece's 21st birthday. Sarah and I met in 1989 and as you can tell if you do the math her niece was a babe in arms. I've been so lucky that Sarah has been my best friend all this time and I've been privileged to see Becky grow up into a lovely young woman. Life hasn't always been the easiest for her but, you know, she has battled through everything, she always has a smile on her face and I'm delighted she is part of my extended "family"!!!

Becky isn't a girly girl so when I was designing her birthday card and present I didn't want to go with pinks but to make something that was feminine but using more unusual colours. I dragged some colour co-ordinated elements out of a kit I had and then as usual proceeded to take apart, ink, doodle, flitter and re-assemble with numerous other items out of my stash.

I'm loving metal charms, ribbons and Doodlebug mini rub ons on brads, buttons etc so I incorporated these to give the card below.









I also designed a bracelet for her using the same colours and I'll get round to posting the piccies of this over the next couple of days. I hope this design give you some ideas to try yourself though.

Well, I must dash as I am out to craft club with my friends tonight and I have a demo on Saturday so I need to pick out some things to work on for that.

Loads of love - be back soon
Becky
xxx

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Glad to see you back blogging. I'll say no more, but you know you've got lots of cards to post!!!!!
Hope you had fun at your craft club. Wish I could come along. I bet it's great fun!!
Kathleen
PS Had a great time on Saturday, and learnt some new techniques and got some great ideas. Hope to see you again soon!