Sunday 15 March 2009

Dino-saurus!!!

Hi everyone!


Hope you are well and have been enjoying a lovely sunny weekend as we have down on the south coast!

Firstly, many many thanks to all you lovely ladies who came to say hello at my demo yesterday at the Range in Southampton. I hope you've got some good ideas from the day - aren't those Quickcutz rockers fabulous and such superb value too!!! Added to that didn't we all love those new Daisy and Dandelion stamps - I can't get over the immense detail everytime you stamp the image - they are a real favourite already!!! I hope you will come along and say hello again soon!! Wny not becaom a follower of my blog? That way you can keep up to date with when and where I will be having fun sharing all my ideas with you in person and also you can keep up to date with my on line posts and piccies!!! I'd love to welcome you to the gang!!! :o) sharing is just one of the fabulous pleasures of crafting!

So what do I have in store for you today... well I have to be quick as I'm off to help hubby make the new bedside tables afore mentioned but I have pulled one of my favourite projects out of my samples and ideas box. Its a boy's (of all ages :o) ) gift bag. I love to add my own personalisation to plain gift bags - that way it means something to the recipient and they always enjoy the individuality of the wrapping!!!






Would you believe this bag started life as one out of a pack of 5 for £1 Asda gift bags - all shapes and sizes!!! I've decorated it using the gorgeous "archaic" Basic Grey range - well you know how much I love BG!!! :o)

The cutie little Dino is one of their very detailed chipboard stickers - I've added my own touch though - adhesive pearls for eyes and eyelets for some of the dots on his body (get your Big Bite or Crop-a-dile out - these are the sorts of effects you can acheive with them!!) the Background is made up of co-ordinating paper layers and I've added some of the matching trims and fibres!!!

Then we visit one of my other favourite brands - the yummy-yummy Doodlebug range. The letters of the doublesided Stick With It! alphabets covered with ultra fine and ultra sparkly Doodlebug Sugar Coating colours! If you've never tried them get the 12 mini bottle selection which gives you a little of all the colours to play with. Then upgrade to the larger bottles of your favourites (I would also advise this with the velvety smooth flocking that Doodlebug produce!)

So I hope you like this little gift bag - and maybe it will inspire you to create your own because it really is so simple and so satisfying!

With love until next time!!!
Becky
xxx






No comments: