Sunday 22 March 2009

A Purrfect Day!

Hello Hello Hello!!!

Mother's Day happiness to you all - hope you've had a lovely day with lots of super pressies and some real pampering treats!!! :o)

Firstly thank you to everyone who came along and said hello at The Range in Swindon yesterday, especially given the fact it was a beautiful sunny day outside - i appreciate you taking some time out given the opportunity to enjoy the weather. I had a lovely day with you all and really enjoyed sharing favourite designs, tips and techniques with you!!! Didn't we love Daisy and Dandelion - those cutsie little dogs really are superstars!!! I loved spending some time with you and hope you can make it along in May (see the list of demo's a bit further down for the exact date!)

Now today's post is a little late and sadly I couldn't get on here on Friday as the day was a little manic. I want to share with you my mom's mother's day card which I really enjoyed making.

A few post ago I mentioned that one of my aims this year was to look at old stash and get it out and use it. Well this card really is a case in point!!! And also shows how you can have something floating around for ages (in this case it must be about four years!!!) before the perfect opportunity to use it arises. My mom is a huge cat lover and I was sorting out some old embellishments when I found this little Express Yourself "pusscat fairy" floating around. I knew I had to use this for my mom's card and not wanting to detract from the little munchkin I have added it simply to a background made from Clare Curd's Signature Range Papers with a sentiment from scrap cardstock and Doodlebug All Mixed Up Lily White rub ons.

I'm delighted that after a rendition of "Happy Mothers Day to you" down the phone (this is an experience that really does require ear plugs!!) mom told me she loved it which I am delighted about. She seems so far away and our little calls seem to help bridge the "distance" between where I live and my ma and pa are.

Anyway I hope you like my little creation for today - I know its a bit late for you to use it to inspire your mother's day cards but maybe you could use it for a base of a card for special friend and also it will encourage you to look through your old embellishments - you never know that perfect little addition to your design maybe waiting there for you to pick it out from its hidey-hole and give it life!!!









With lots of love and hugs until next time!
Becky
xxx

No comments: